Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thawing...


So, this month, I feel like a mole coming out if its hole. I am a little distracted at times, but it's nice to be getting back out into the world. The girls laugh at me all the time because I keep making wrong turns and getting lost all the time, since I haven't driven anywhere from our new house yet - it's pretty funny! We had a good month with Abby being in her school play, Snow White. She was a "sprite" and loved every minute of it! It was so fun to see her in it, and also nice to have all the rehearsals, etc. over :) Here's Natty with a smoothie mustache. She is either throwing a tantrum and killing us all or melting us with her cuteness - one or the other, and lots of both! She is a seriously strong-willed, independent baby. Lots of "by myself!" and telling us to move off of chairs we're sitting on so she can sit there. She loves the movie, "Tangled," especially the theme song "At Last I See the Light," and asks for "Last I See" many times a day. She sings it very high-pitched and serious, which is awesome. The picture of Tugs is at her animal report. She chose Orangutans, and I have to say, it was a great report. We were playing 20 questions in the car the other day and she was guessing. She guessed monkey and I said yes. At the end of the game, I had picked Orangutan and she informed me that I had misled her because Orangutans aren't monkeys, they're apes. I love when my 8 year-old knows more than me! We saw the best movie this weekend in honor of Tugs, too "Born to be Wild." It's on IMAX, and if you have a chance to see it, definitely do! It's about these rescued orphan elephants and orangutans - we loved it. Suse, in her picture is doing her pre-k end of the year program. It was great, and she was so excited for it. I'm excited for her to start school in the fall, but also sad. It's such a big step - such the end of a precious era of my years at home full-time with her...Zelle is playing soccer again and still loving it. She and Abby both made the summer tryout teams, and are excited about that. She's starting to feel the pressure of trying to get everything on her plate done. Kinda sad. We were talking tonight about how she'll do soccer workouts, piano, homework, etc. and I just thought about how nice it is those few years when you don't have to worry about how to "fit it all in." Although I'd love to have her level of fitting it all in, at each phase of your life once you enter that world, it genuinely feels like all you can do. Well, it's nice to be sort of , maybe getting a little more settled in and sort of into a routine. I started exercising this week for the first time in 5 full months - let's just say I am WEAK and out of shape, but so happy to be able to walk around the block or do a 20 minute workout video - yahoo! That is a great thing. We are more grateful for these daily life things and appreciate them more than ever. Our good friend, Gale Bunnell, passed away this week, and another good friend of ours in Danville had a major stroke, and will be forever changed if he makes it, so we are really grateful for life and all the wonderful daily things we do. They are wonderful, and it's wonderful to have each other and to be together!



No comments:

Post a Comment