One morning I woke up to find these cute readers upstairs...Susie is in the other chair, but you can't see her. Lishey
Eating lunch en route to drop Suse back off at school after piano. This girl logs some serious miles in the car (the "ban" as she says, can't quite say van)
Goose getting lots of "kisses" from baby lambs at the Country Fair. I think they were licking the cotton candy off her face...
In other news, Lu turned in her castle for the beloved 4th grade castle project. She worked hard on this over the past few weeks, and it was completely her project. I just took her to buy a few supplies at the craft store and did the spray painting. Other than that, she planned it all and built it all. I love the way she puts things together and has such attention to detail. It's fun to know that anything she makes will be great. She also got to play soccer with Abby's team today right after her game, since Abby's team was low on players. She loved that and hung really well, except that she got stepped on by a girl twice her size...ouch!
Susie and Goose absolutely loved the Waterford Country Fair carnival yesterday after school. They played games, rode the train, pet animals at the petting zoo, ate tons of junk, and had a great time. They were in heaven. I also got to go on Goosie's field trip to Wheeler Farm yesterday morning. What a cute age! She has a darling preschool class, and I love her teachers. It's been a great year for her, and she loves school.
Suse scored a goal in her freezing cold, wet soccer game today. I had a moment today where I thought back to Susie as an infant when I had just been assigned a case worker from the "Blind Babies Foundation," and thought if I could have seen her chasing a ball around today, and doing all the things she loves to do, I wouldn't have believed it - lots to be grateful for! Goose was all "suited up" and ready for her soccer game today when it got cancelled due to rain. She was SO disappointed and let us know about it for about 20 minutes. Tonight, Zelle and Abby both have separate babysitting jobs. They like but don't love babysitting, which I totally remember feeling that way :).
As for me, I'm pooped this week. 5 of 7 of us came down with the stomach flu this past week. So between being sick myself (on the same day as Mark, that's never good...) and cleaning up after other sick people, I'm tired. Then Mark had a two day golf tournament with his brother down in Provo, so above-mentioned games and carnivals were Mom going solo. I remember a distant conversation about moving to Utah where I said something about him playing golf with his family a lot if we moved here....naaah, that'd never happen.
I love the beautiful spring rain we've been having. I have so much to be grateful for. xoxo!









I love Millie's marker sog. It's beautiful!!!!!
ReplyDelete