Thursday, June 13, 2013

London, day 5

Today poor Goosie was sick again, so it was my turn to stay home with her.  We watched movies, she took a bath, read stories and colored together.  By afternoon I thought she might be perking up so we went to a darling toy store across the street from us.  Then we walked around our cute neighborhood here because I wanted to find her another sweater.  She only has a jacket and we need more layers here - it's cold, wet and windy!  We found a cute kids store and read books there (I had to get a couple - I'm such a sucker for good kids books), and got a sweater, and by then I could tell Nats was pooped.  By the time we got home, she was due for her next medicine and was all shaky :(. She took a good nap, and by the time she woke up, Mark and the rest of the girls were home.

They went to the National Gallery today where they got one of the kids program booklets where they had a detective hunt through the museum to help kids find certain paintings, and to keep it digestible.  I was so sad to miss the museum, but glad the girls got to go with Mark.  We've found these cute books called "Katie and the ....."  one is the impressionists or the Mona Lisa, or I found one that was "the British artists" and it takes this girl Katie into a handful of paintings and brings it to life for kids a little.  Any of you fellow moms know what I'm talking about?  If you haven't read these yet, they're a fun way to get kids excited about a trip/place they're going to see for the handful of topics the books cover.

Anyway, they didn't want to see St Paul's without us, which was the plan today, so they walked across Millenium foot bridge and took Mark to see Borough Market since he missed it yesterday and they knew he'd love it.  They were disappointed not to find their sticky rice/mango stand, but they did find the cheese shop and got more of the same cheese they loved - so funny.

Then they did a little souvenir shopping, which they've been dying to do, so that was good to get out of their systems :).  Mom arrived safely just a few minutes ago, and we showed her her bed, and she's ready to sleep!  So here's hoping for a healthy day tomorrow where we can all go together.

No comments:

Post a Comment